Saturday, May 26, 2012

The First Field Trip

My research has begun! Fifteen of my current AP students and I went on a field trip to the Milwaukee Art Museum on Thursday to do some exploring. Students worked to help me brainstorm ideas for how my field trip to the Art Museum will work in the fall with my new AP classes. My sister majored in Painting at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design and works in the custom framing industry; she joined us as a chaperone and guide.

We spent the morning casually browsing the Museum together. For lunch, we ate a picnic outside, and then the students spent the afternoon parked in front of a painting of their choice working through an analysis sheet and then composing a poem inspired by the painting. They will be sharing what they wrote in class this coming Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment